GALA Choruses leads the North American LGBTQ choral movement. We cultivate the artistic development of 10,000 singers from more than 190 choruses in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. We serve choruses small or large. Help is here whether you have 5 members or 250, a budget of $10,000 or $3 million.
GALA Choruses supports. guides, and inspires LGBTQ+ choruses and their allies to leverage the liberating power of singing to create harmony and equity for all.
- We elevate and promote the work of and accomplishments made by members of the LGBTQ+ choral movement.
- We educate and inspire member organizations to do their best work.
- We foster social activism and artistic impact through choral music.
- We provide our constituents with platforms for connection, collaboration, and creativity.
- We are committed to serving as a change agent by doing the work that cultivates spaces that create equity, access, and belonging for our membership.
A world where all voices are free.
What We Offer
GALA Choruses, Inc. offers our members networking opportunities and Discussion Groups, an annual Leadership Symposium, a full array of administrative support, and a sizable Online Resource Library, in addition to our signature event: the quadrennial LGBTQ Music Festival!
Gender Language Statement
GALA Choruses strives for gender neutrality with regards to language in recognition of the many genders represented within our choruses, singing sections, and the LGBTQ community. When communicating within the GALA community please keep these guidelines in mind.
There are gender-inclusive ways that you can address our community when speaking in a workshop or session. Words like “people,” “folks,” or simply “everyone” are more gender-neutral options (as opposed to “ladies and gentlemen”). Please refer to sections by voice part rather than gender, ie; “tenors and sopranos” rather than “men and women.”
We know that gender-specific language is a part of our culture and we don’t expect each individual to overcome years of conditioning overnight. We appreciate your attempt to communicate in the most gender-neutral way possible.