By GALA Expert
July 7, 2023
A step-by-step guide to help individual delegates register for Festival 20204 in Minneapolis.
In order to register for Festival 2024 Minneapolis, you must have an account in GALA’s Integra Planner software. In keeping with international privacy regulations, each individual user must create their own account, but your chorus’ Festival Liaison can offer assistance. The system is designed for each user to have a unique, personal email address as a username, so your account should be something like firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT email@example.com. Passwords need to be at least 8 alpha-numeric characters long, and a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters (#, ^, etc) is encouraged.
Your chorus’ designated Festival Liaison is available to help you with your registration and to answer any questions you may have about Festival.
- Using a regular computer (not a smartphone), Log in to Integra at https://galachoruses.integraplanner.net/ using your personal email address as your username. If you have ever attended a GALA event (Festival, Symposium, then you should already have an Integra account – PLEASE try alternative email addresses as your username before creating a new account. Once you’re logged in, there are two things to check on your home page. First, make sure that you see “2024 Festival Minneapolis” with a green ‘Register’ button on your homepage. If not, click on the Profile icon in the upper right corner of the page (the black bust figure), and select “User Preferences” from the drop-down menu. Then click on the drop-down for “Festival or conference” and select 2024 Festival Minneapolis” Second, scroll down to the “Membership” section and verify that your chorus(es) are listed. Your chorus gets a free credit for every 20 paid registrations, so be sure to note your chorus membership—whether you’re a singing member, a board member, a volunteer or a companion. If your chorus membership is not listed, click on the “Edit” link at the bottom of the “Membership” section. Then on the “Organisation membership” page, click the green “ + Membership” button and begin typing in the name of your chorus or ensemble. When the name of your chorus pops up, click on it to select that organization. Verify that the selection is correct and click on the green “Next” button at the bottom of the page, then click on the green “Save” button. If you see that it didn’t take, it’s probably because you typed in the full chorus name but didn’t select it in the database by clicking on the name – that’s a quirk of the system.
- Back on your home page, click the green ‘Register’ button under the “Festival 2024 Minneapolis” header. You’ll be redirected to a Registration Page listing 3 steps.
- The first step is to review and update your Profile in the database. Click on the ‘Profile’ button, verify that all your contact information is correct, going through each section by clicking on the ‘Next’ button, and when you’ve reviewed everything, be sure to click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page. Note: the “additional name fields” are available to add titles, nicknames, etc. Be careful, though – whatever you add to your Name will be displayed on your Festival Badge. If you choose to add pronouns, they will also be printed on your badge.
- Upon saving your profile, you should be redirected back to the Registration Page, and see that the first step is checked off. Click on the “Registration Questionnaire” button and complete the questionnaire. Be sure to SAVE your answers. Note that completing the questionnaire does not automatically register you for Festival; there is still one more step – buying your registration2. Back on the Registration page, you should see the first two steps checked off, and the ‘Order’ button under the “Purchase registration” heading should now be activated and green. Click on the ‘Order’ button.
- On the “Purchase registration” page, select the appropriate type of registration by clicking in the box under “Quantity” and increasing the number. Individuals can only purchase one registration each. Review and click the green ‘Confirm’ button at the bottom of the page.
- The lowest regular registration rate of $299 is available through October 31, 2023; beginning November 1st the regular registration rate will increase to $350. The “Senior” rate is available to delegates who will be age 65 or older by July 1, 2024. The “Youth” rate is available to delegates under the age of 21. The “Disabled” rate is self-determined, but generally understood to be applicable to people receiving some sort of disability assistance from the government. The “Senior assisted” rate is for seniors who cannot afford the regular Senior rate of $239.
- The ”Festival in Style” package is a premium registration package for two people that includes a suite at a Festival Village hotel, reserved seating, limo transportation for arrival and departure, a pair of tickets to the Pinnacle reception with a to-be-determined special guest, a bag of GALA Festival branded merchandise and a bottle of bubbly (alcoholic or non).
- There is an option to purchase a reserved seating upgrade for $150. Delegates with reserved seating will be able to enter all performance halls before the general admission doors open, up until 10 minutes before the beginning of each concert.
- There is also an option to make a donation to the GALA Inclusion Fund, which allows us to support our Youth and emerging choruses throughout the Americas. Since there is not a set amount, enter a ‘1’ in the “Quantity” box and the amount in the “Amount” box.
- 6. After confirming your registration purchase, the only thing left is payment. You should now be on the “Invoice” page for your registration. You can elect to “Pay” online with a credit/debit card or a PayPal account, “Pay offline” by sending in a check, or leave it for your “[chorus name] will pay”. Click on the appropriate action button.
- All our online transactions are processed by PayPal, but you don’t need a PayPal account to pay online; you can simply click on the “Debit or Credit Card” button.
- If paying with a credit or debit card, fill in the information fields for your bank card and be sure to click the blue “Pay Now” button at the bottom of the page.
- If you’ve elected to pay by check (by selecting the “Pay offline” option above): Send a check to: GALA Choruses, PO Box 99998, Pittsburgh, PA 15233
We can’t wait to sing with you in Minneapolis.
If you have problems or questions, check with your chorus’ Festival Liaison.