One Voice Mixed Chorus
Position: Artistic Director
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN United States
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
Organization Website: Website
Type of Position: Full Time Permanent
Salary and Benefits:
$75,000 – $85,000 depending on experience. Full-time, salaried position with health and retirement benefits. Relocation benefits are negotiable.
Description of Position Duties:
We are seeking a talented, experienced, and dynamic Artistic Director for a full-time position to lead the chorus to new levels of artistic excellence. With a global search, the organization is looking for someone who exudes enthusiasm, has a passion for choral music, and a clear commitment to the mission of our organization. As Artistic Director, you will have the opportunity to build on our impressive foundation to shape the future of our vibrant organization, crafting a vision that will energize, inspire and engage both singers and audiences. Our mission is “Building community and creating social change by raising our voices in song.”
Description of Position Qualifications:
Required Experience and Knowledge:
– Graduate Degree in Music with an emphasis in choral conducting or equivalent conducting experience (minimum 5 years).
– Experience conducting or working with a community-based chorus and with singers of various musical skills and experience, with a particular emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion.
– Prior experience as a manager, including experience with supervision, hiring, managing performance, employee development, and employee relations.
– Interest in and commitment to embracing the mission of One Voice and a demonstrated understanding of social justice, racial equity, gender identity, gender inclusion, and cultural competence.
– Ability to offer strong leadership skills as well as to effectively collaborate in a hybrid team setting.
– Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage a significant level of detail.
– Cultural competence in working with a diverse group of volunteers and personalities from different backgrounds.
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in-person and virtual/remote, and the ability to effectively use virtual communication and collaboration tools.
– Proficiency with digital tools, including office productivity and email; ability to come up to speed quickly on One Voice systems (SharePoint, donor database, digital archives, music library).
– Collaborative leadership, both on and off the podium; provide clear vision and direction for the choir and collaborate effectively with all stakeholders; being known as a “team player” and demonstrating a willingness to compromise.
– Outcome based management of the choir’s resources (financial, volunteers, staff) effectively to support its activities.
Information Required to Apply:
For detailed information, including job description and application instructions, please visit the One Voice Artistic Director Search website at https://express.adobe.com/page/AZix1yqyzUcnX/.
Submit Information To:
– The new Artistic Director will join us as we begin our 35th year!
– We are a chorus of 125 singers, which reaches over 10,000 audience members and patrons, annually. We are one of the largest LGBTQAI+ choruses in North America.
– Our team includes full three other full-time positions, as well as an enviable group of contractors, specialists, board members and volunteers (our “fifth section”).
– We have an annual budget of around $500k, cash reserves, and ambitious plans to reach new heights.
– Our chorus focuses on social justice and building community internally and externally through actionable commitments and conversation, in addition to dynamic performances and musical excellence.
One Voice Mixed Chorus is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, as well as those who represent the diverse gender identities within the LGBTQIA+ community. At One Voice Mixed Chorus, we are dedicated to promoting equity and representation within our organization. We believe that having a team with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences is essential to understanding and meeting the needs of our racially, ethnically, and gender-diverse community.