Fountain City Performing Arts/SingOUTKC
Position: Assistant Artistic Director
Location: Kansas City, MO United States
Closing Date: January 1, 2022
Organization Website: Website
Type of Position: QT
Salary and Benefits:
Description of Position Duties:
- Serve as artistic director of SingOUTKC youth chorus
- Serve as a high-profile advocate and promoter of FCPA and its youth arts programs
- Building partnerships with schools, social service organizations, park & recreation departments and welcoming places of worship
- Represent the youth arts programs to local school music educators and administrations as well as other local arts and culture organizations to promote collaborative activities and performances with these groups;
- Develop an annual performance schedule; to include stage concerts and educational & outreach initiatives
- Communicate the overall program and experience, to include budgeting in conjunction with the FCPA artistic director to the managing director and board of directors
- Engage in active communications with the FCPA Board, FCPA committees, funders, parents, other members of the KC metropolitan, cultural community, and other groups, as appropriate
- Plan and lead rehearsals for the SingOUTKC youth chorus program
- Research repertoire, and in conjunction with the FCPA artistic director, determine repertoire for the SOKC youth chorus
- Oversee and nurture a supportive and quality musical learning environment for youth, ages 13-18.
- Demonstrate a professional standard and dynamic understanding of youth voices, vocal pedagogy, language and diction, and diverse musical styles and genres.
Other Suggested Duties
- Assist with OUTside VoicesKC rehearsals (in FCPA’s artistic director’s absence)
- Assist FCPA artistic director with other duties as assigned
- Create and manage youth recruitment initiatives and projects
Description of Position Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or an undergraduate degree in a relevant area of Music. A combination of education and/or comparable work experience (4 – 6 years) will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Experience in conducting choirs or directing musical theater productions.
- Experience in planning performance or musical arts workshops
- Ability to mentor, motivate and empower youth
- Knowledge of sensitivity to the LGBTQIA community, choral movement and the musical/artistic community.
Information Required to Apply:
Applicant Submission Requirements
- Current Resume or CV – Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter or written statement of interest
Submit Information To:
Applicants should submit the required requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “FCPA AAD”.