Denver Women’s Chorus
Position: Artistic Director, Denver Women's Chorus
Location: Denver, CO USA
Closing Date: May 1, 2021
Organization Website: Website
Type of Position: PT
Salary and Benefits:
Range of $22,000 – $25,000/year according to experience.
Description of Position Duties:
The successful candidate will meet the job requirements listed below and will understand, support, and promote the following as Artistic Director of the Denver Women’s Chorus:
The Denver Women’s Chorus (DWC) is proud to be a trans- and nonbinary-inclusive chorus and is comprised of LGBTQ+ singers and many dedicated allies. DWC embraces diversity, equity, and intersectional feminism. With 130 united voices, DWC strives to promote social change through the music they create for each other and for their audiences throughout the greater Denver area.
Denver Women’s Chorus and its sibling, the Denver Gay Men’s Chorus, are part of Rocky Mountain Arts Association (RMAA), the not-for-profit umbrella organization of both choruses. RMAA maintains a similar purpose with an overall mission of “building community through music.”
DWC singers believe firmly in the transformative power of music to change and improve lives. We select choral music that ignites our creative spirit and produce high-quality choral performances that appeal to diverse audiences regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. Concert performances are opportunities to educate ourselves and our audiences about LGBTQ experience, social justice issues, and the challenges that remain as we strive for equality, diversity, and inclusion in society. We entertain, educate, inspire, and empower.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the Chorus’s focus on its mission
- Design, coordinate, and direct Chorus programming
- Manage administrative and artistic detail for outreach projects
- Provide supervision for music-related staff and volunteers
- Facilitate the work of the DWC Music Advisory Committee
- Work with the RMAA DEIR (Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, & Respect) Committee
- Participate in Fundraising and Budget Development
- Communicate regularly with the RMAA Board, Staff, and DWC Chorus Council
- Participate in professional development
A complete job description can be seen at https://denverchoruses.org/press/
Description of Position Qualifications:
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA or Advanced Degree in Music with an emphasis in choral conducting. (We will consider other candidates with equivalent choral conducting experience of at least 5-6 years).
- Experience conducting or working with a community-based chorus and with singers of a range of musical skills and experience.
- Commitment to the mission of DWC.
- Ability to offer strong leadership skills as well as to balance work within a team setting.
- Flexibility in working with a diverse group of volunteers and personalities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to work within electronic mediums: word processing, email, internet, and intranet.
- Ability to forge strong community partnerships to assist in the development of DWC-community relationships.
Information Required to Apply:
Please familiarize yourself with information on our website denverchoruses.org, including performance videos contained therein.
Submit Information To:
Submit CV/resume with cover letter and audio or video samples of your work if available to DWC AD Search Committee at email@example.com.