Music Librarian Job Description
- Able to read music;
- Extremely well-organized;
- Able and willing to delegate;
- Able to navigate the electronic Music Library Database;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
(May include, but are not necessarily limited to):
- Assist in music collating and preparation for distribution as necessary;
- Oversee music distribution at rehearsals;
- Oversee process of music returns and accounting for each member's music;
- Communicate with staff as to outstanding music owed by members;
- Assist in accounting for and preparing the return of rented/borrowed music;
- Maintain library;
- Assist AD in retrieval of music from library;
- Work with AD to evaluate, develop and maintain music policies and procedures;
- Respond to members' questions regarding music policies and procedures;
- Work with AD and volunteers to ensure music is available in a timely manner;
- Communicate with the virtual music library coordinator(s) as needed;
- Respond to external music library inquiries.
The Music Librarian’s time commitment will vary according to the rehearsal schedule. Some meetings with the AD are necessary from time to time, but these may often be done via email or telephone.