One Voice Strategy Screen
By: Jane Ramseyer Miller
These are the questions that I ask as board and staff when making decisions regarding strategy, programming or collaborations.
- Does it fit and enhance our mission of building community and creating social change?
- Does the project effectively and directly confront homophobia? Does this project challenge our comfort-level as an organization (in a good way)
- Is it transformational, inclusive, authentic and innovative?
- Will our members and staff get excited about this project?
- Does the project support or increase our artistic quality, or if not, does the benefit in another area outweigh this goal?
- Does it integrate with our other activities or concert theme?
- Does the project fit with our organizational Roadmap and core strategies?
- Do we have the capacity or will it build capacity?
- Are the staff time and resources demanded for this event balanced with the income in will bring in for the organization?
- Is the project marketable - will it build or deepen audiences?
- Will it build on brand identity and reputation?
- Is the project financially sustainable or affordable?
- Does it build on or reinforce our competitive advantage?
- Does the project support our movement to the next stage of our organization's development.
Artistic Product: who we are – what we offer
- Art that provokes audience to think and moves people to action – challenges bi-trans-homophobia – challenges the status quo.
- Art that evokes emotion: sadness, joy, laughter, longing, courage, pride
- Art that is accessible in content, understanding, medium, price.
- Art that is compelling artistically: enjoyable to hear, technically engaging
- Art that challenges our performers and is performed with competence.