Festival 2012 Blockbusters
Each evening, Festival 2012 featured special BlockBuster concerts for all delegates.
- Opening Concerts: Colorado Choruses in a non-stop musical extravaganza in collaboration with local Denver instrumental ensembles.
- Songs of the Soul: a concert exploring the connections between spirituality, sexuality, and musical expression.
- Our Legacy=Our Song: A concert celebrating GALA's LGBT history through stories, photographs, narration and with music commissioned by our choruses over our 30-year history. The video of this concert will soon be for sale to member choruses.
- Classical Masterworks Sing-Along: Thousands of delegates gathered with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra to sing famous classical masterworks in beautiful Boettcher Concert Hall.
- The Big Gay Sing: A sing-along evening of Broadway, pop, choreography and LGBT-themed favorites including a Big Gay Idol contest!
- Youth Invasion: Five youth choruses combined to perform a rockin' collaborative concert featuring individual chorus performances and several combined numbers.
- Women's Chorus Singin' in the Round: Our GALA women's choruses gathered in the Stage Theater for a song-sharing evening.
- Mixed Chorus Singin' in the Round: GALA mixed choruses packed the Boettcher Concert Hall for a song-sharing event after their party in the sculpture garden.
- Men's Chorus Commission Sing-Along:
Men's choruses enjoyed a sing-along of favorite commissions in Buell Theater.
- Closing Ceremonies: Delegates enjoyed surprise performances by the Sugar Dandies, Stephen Schwartz, several choirs and a sing-along closing.
Check out the complete Festival Schedule.
The Sugar Dandies
“Thank you for the experience of singing with the MileHIVoices (HIV+ chorus). In 20 years with GALA I have never done anything so wonderfully rewarding. I heard many stories from guys who used this concert to come out about their status to their own choruses. I know it was especially powerful for the guys who have been positive for less than 5 years to meet guys who have been positive for over 25.”