2024 Coffee Concert Application
Minneapolis, Minnesota • July 10-14, 2024
GALA Festival 2024 will feature eight morning Coffee Concerts to allow opportunity for unique and innovative programming that cannot be performed in a standard concert block. Coffee and light breakfast foods will be sold in the lobby before each concert. If selected for a Coffee Concert, this performance counts as your chorus’ Festival performance block. The total time of your concert may not exceed 50 minutes. If not selected for a Coffee Concert performance, your chorus will be scheduled for a standard 25-minute performance.
Choruses selected for a Coffee Concert will pay a performance fee according to the following scale:
- $900 for chorus budgets under $200k
- $1,500 for chorus budgets over $200k
This fee includes up to four hours of cue-to-cue, tech and rehearsal time in the concert venue in addition to stage rental and basic backstage tech labor for the Coffee Concert performance. The chorus will also be responsible for any additional incremental backstage labor, sound, lighting costs incurred at the performance hall to support your performance. At Festival 2016 the average additional incremental additional cost was $320 with a range of $0 - $1,480.
Selected choruses are also required to submit a short video to be used to promote your Coffee Concert.
To apply for a Coffee Concert
- Review the Coffee Concert Guidelines
- Download and complete the Program Description Application including recording and program links.
- Submit via the Coffee Concert Application form no later than Mar 31, 2023.
- Jan 2023 Coffee Concert registration opens
- Mar 31, 2023 Coffee Concert application due
- late April 2023 Applicants notified
- May 1, 2024 Coffee Concert Promotional video due
- Spring 2024 Coffee Concert production worksheet due
Coffee Concert Criteria
Applications should demonstrate:
- unique and creative program concepts along with high artistic quality
- ability of the chorus to successfully perform the proposed program based on previous programming
- commitment to equity, access and belonging in programming and on stage - see GALA's New Harmony priorities
- connection to the mission of GALA Choruses.