GALA Board & Committees
Board members are elected to three-year terms. The current roster of the GALA Choruses Board of Directors is below. To contact the Board of Directors, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
* Maria-Elena Grant
Lavender Light Gospel Choir
New York, NY
* Michael McDonald
Portland Gay Men's Chorus
Columbus Gay Men’s Chorus
New York City Gay Men’s Chorus
New York, NY
Jared Brayton Bollenbacher
Columbus Gay Men’s Chorus
New York City Gay Men's Chorus
New York City, NY
Anna Crusis Feminist Choir
Gay Men's Chorus of Wash. DC
Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington
Abdullah Rasheen Hall
Trans Chorus of Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Men Alive, Orange County's Gay Men's Chorus
Santa Ana, CA
Kansas City, MO
Sacramento Women’s Chorus
Phoenix Gay Men's Chorus
Common Woman Chorus
Coro Gay Ciudad de Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
* Executive Committee Members
Karen Lane, Chair
- Review of the annual operating plan for the corporation prior to its submission for full
- Review of monthly financial reports containing an analysis of actual vs. budgeted results
and a forecast of cash flows for the remainder of the year.
- Annual review of the internal control and investment policies.
- Annual review of the corporation's annual financials with the auditors and of the Form 990
filing with the IRS.
- Annual review of the corporation's insurance program.
- Annual review of the corporation's banking and credit arrangements
Chipper Dean and Tim Blanchard Modisette, Co-Chairs
- Oversight of the process for supporting new member choruses and training existing members
on the use of GALA programs and services.
- Assistance with the recognition of member chorus anniversaries
- Oversight of the process for obtaining and disseminating survey information to member
- Assistance with identifying options for support of transgender singers and youth
Education and Networking
Brayton Bollenbacher, Chair
- Oversight of the annual leadership symposium and the manager's and director's retreat.
- Oversight of the 411 program.
- Oversight of the online member resources programs including webinars and podcasts, the
resource library and online chorus management educational materials.
Steve Milloy, Chair
- Participation in the Global Alliance of Queer Choirs
- Oversight of relationships with mainstream music organizations such as ACDA and Chorus America
- Oversight of work with schools, universities and communities of faith
Resource Development Committee
Justin Fyala, Chair
- Provide oversight and assistance in the development of the annual individual donation
campaign which includes board contributions.
- Provide oversight and assistance in the development of the corporate sponsorship
- Provide oversight and assistance in the development of foundation relationships and grant
Joe Nadeau and Kathleen Hansen, Co-Chairs
- Provide oversight of the planning and budgeting for the quadrennial Festival and critical
review of the final festival report.
- Assist in the development of a database of cities capable of hosting Festival.
Miriam Davidson, Chair
- Assist in the development of strategies to keep the membership engaged via social
- Provide oversight of the development and maintenance of the organization's web site.
- Assist in the creation of a strategy and plan for electronic communications.
Michael McDonald, Chair
- Establish a matrix of skills, geographic location and chorus type to guide the Board in
achieving an appropriate diversity of representation.
- Identify individuals to recruit to the Board and make the appropriate contacts to determine
their interest in Board service.
- Prepare a slate of candidates for nomination to the Board.
- Coordinate the orientation of new Board member
New Harmony Taskforce
Maria-Elena Grant, Chair
- Produce and update of the New Harmony Workbook
- Advise member choruses on DEI issues as requested through the 411 Program.
- Advise the Board of Directors on matters of equity, access and belonging.