Salary and Benefits:
This is a PT, Independent Contractor position. Compensation is negotiable within a defined range as set by the Board. No benefits are included.
Description of Position Duties:
For more comprehensive job description, please visit our website at www.cincinnatimenschorus.org
The AD, in tandem with the Board is charged with developing and executing the creative and social justice visions of the organization. They are the most visible face of the CMC through our programming, communications and intersections with both the LGBTQ community, and the community at large.
Key areas fo responsibility include:
- Thematic Development and Selection, Acquisition and Storage of Music
- Coordination of Rehearsals and Performances
- Supervision, Artistic Direction and Education of new members
- Financial and Administrative Oversight
- Spokesperson and Publicity / Communications Advisor
- Community Engagement
Description of Position Qualifications:
- BA or Advanced Degree in Music with an emphasis in choral conducting or equivalent conducting experience.
- Experience conducting or working with a community-based chorus and with singers of various musical skills and experience.
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Chorus.
- Basic piano skills.
- Knowledge of all voice types and ability to teach any part as well as offering instruction in correct vocal technique.
- Broad knowledge of music, including traditional and vernacular styles.
Information Required to Apply:
Information Required to Apply: Application materials should include the following:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- List of works that (a) have been conducted in performance over the past 12 months and (b) that are under preparation
- List of at least three references that includes email addresses and phone numbers
- Optional - DVD or link to a video that includes the applicant conducting (1) a 10 - 15 minute segment of a recent rehearsal AND (2) at 10 - 15 minute segment of a recent performance with a choral ensemble
Timeframe to fill this position is exptected to be no later than┬áJuly 1, 2017 with the new AD assuming the role by August 1, 2017