- Able to read music;
- Extremely well-organized;
- Able and willing to delegate;
- Able to navigate the electronic Music Library Database;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
(May include, but are not necessarily limited to):
- Assist in music collating and preparation for distribution as necessary;
- Oversee music distribution at rehearsals;
- Oversee process of music returns and accounting for each member's music;
- Communicate with staff as to outstanding music owed by members;
- Assist in accounting for and preparing the return of rented/borrowed music;
- Maintain library;
- Assist AD in retrieval of music from library;
- Work with AD to evaluate, develop and maintain music policies and procedures;
- Respond to members' questions regarding music policies and procedures;
- Work with AD and volunteers to ensure music is available in a timely manner;
- Communicate with the virtual music library coordinator(s) as needed;
- Respond to external music library inquiries.
The Music Librarianâ€™s time commitment will vary according to the rehearsal schedule. Some meetings with the AD are necessary from time to time, but these may often be done via email or telephone.