Name of Chorus
|Purpose of Position:
||To provide piano accompaniment for chorus rehearsals and concerts, rehearsal CDs and administrative tasks to assist the rehearsal process.
||Approximately 5 hrs per week
||... Changing the world!
The Accompanist for the Chorus is responsible for the following duties:
1. Accompany all Chorus rehearsals.
- Provide piano accompaniment for all rehearsals, including:
- Monday evening rehearsals, approximately 7 â€“ 9:30 pm.
- 3-4 Saturday rehearsals each year.
- 2-4 rehearsals with soloists in preparation for each concert.
- Dress and tech rehearsals.
- Accompany for sectionals as needed
- Provide accompaniment for auditions (4 audition nights per year).
2. Prepare recording of rehearsal CDs for each vocal part each season (August and January).
3. Accompany Chorus performances.
- Three major concerts in fall, winter and spring, up to three performances and a dress rehearsal per concert.
- 6-8 additional community performances per year.
- Fall outreach tour (dates)
- Spring School Outreach concerts (dates)
4. Meetings and communication
- Participate as a member of the Music Committee (approximately 8 mtgs per year).
- Meet as needed with the Artistic Director
5. Provide other assistance as requested and agreed upon.